It’s time for some real talk between me and you, if you are a Black professional working in government.
I want to give you three reasons why Black government workers like you stay at the same position, grade, or classification for years or even decades.
- You keep doing what is clearly not working for you. It’s because the way you've been going about your career is broken. Or worse – you KNOW it’s broken, but you’re not doing anything to change it.
- You don't stand out from the crowd. You’ve been told what to do, when to do it, and how to do it - and you don't do anything else. Here's the problem with that: everyone else is doing it the same way too.
- You’re not growing. You get suggestions, feedback, advice, counsel, successful colleagues to model, and even free help - but you’re not taking advantage. If you’re not getting better, you’re getting worse. There is no middle ground.
Do you want to know what's behind those three reasons why you’re stuck and not getting anywhere?
Here it is...
You're avoiding the real problem staring back at you in the mirror.
It doesn't matter if you're an executive, a supervisor, or in the rank and file. You are the one sabotaging your career. You are the reason why you're stuck.
The stone cold fact behind you feeling stuck is this:
You think like an unsuccessful person.
Let's keep it real: 95% of the people you work with often remain unsuccessful for a lifetime.
Since you think like them, that puts YOU right in that same unsuccessful 95%.
Do you want to know what your unsuccessful thinking is doing to you?
- It's keeping you financially broke because you're not getting to the next salary level.
- It's keeping you at the same grade or classification longer than you want to be there.
- It's keeping you in a position that does not value you or your efforts.
- It's keeping you in a state of frustration when you're passed over for a promotion by other applicants who are less experienced or less qualified than you.
- It's keeping you lying in the bed awake at night because you've got bills to pay, a family to take care of, and dreams being put on hold.
- It's keeping you overworked, overwhelmed, or underappreciated.
- It's keeping you on the hamster wheel - stuck doing mindless, repetitive, stressful, unrewarding work - and getting nowhere. Maybe even getting nowhere fast.
Since you're Black, there are extra challenges you're facing that no one else does.
Like racism. Discrimination. Prejudice. The effects of White privilege in the workplace.
Have you ever had these thoughts or feelings?
- Have you ever wondered whether the color of your skin has anything to do with you not getting the promotion you wanted?
- Have you ever felt you were not getting the same treatment, respect, fairness, dignity, and recognition that other coworkers receive because of some unfair bias or stereotype?
- Have you ever felt alone or misunderstood because the higher up you go in your career, the fewer Black people you see?
- Have you ever had your Black coworkers and work friends accuse you of trying to “act White” by moving up the career ladder?
- Do you feel as though your back is pressed up against the glass ceiling with nowhere to go?
Here's something else for you to seriously think about.
Follow the careers of any 100 people from the start of their civil service careers until they reach retirement age, and here’s what you’ll find, according to the Social Security Administration:
- Only 1 will be wealthy…
- 4 will be financially secure…
- 5 will continue working – not because they want to, but because they have to…
- 36 will be dead prematurely…
- And 54 will be dead broke – dependent on their limited Social Security checks, relatives, friends, church, government assistance, or charity just to get by.
5% successful - 95% unsuccessful.
Stop right now and ask yourself which group you likely will end up in.
- Will you be dead?
- Will you be dead broke?
- Or will you be in a zombie-like existence grinding it out on a job you regret having and getting a check you regret having to earn?
I guarantee you this: by the time you're ready to file those retirement papers, and you refuse to break out of the 95%, you'll be in a world of pain.
If you make it that far.
Even if you do make it that far, you might not be able to afford to live off your retirement, which means you'll have to keep working - even though you don't want to - until the government tells you to stop coming to work.
If you get that far.
You also need to think into this:
George Bernard Shaw once made this important revelation:
- 2% of the people think…
- 3% of the people think they think…
- 95% of the people would rather die than think…
Marinate on that: 5% who are least making the effort to think - 95% who choose not to think.
Only 5% of the people you work with every day are taking action to create a more successful future and life for themselves.
If you're not trying to figure out how to take action to reach your goals, you're going to stay unsuccessful in your life and career. Just like the rest of the 95%.
You can be sure of this: doing the same things in the same way using the same thinking will get you nothing but the same results that keep you for years - or decades - in the 95%.
And you wonder why you're stuck.
You do have a choice: do something about it, or do nothing.
You can do something about it by changing the quality of your thinking and start to get ahead by getting unstuck in your career.
Or simply do nothing to change your thinking, stay exactly where you are, and get exactly what your current level of thinking brings you: the same results.
Getting the same results will only bring about even more of the same misery and hopelessness you've been feeling this whole time:
- the same disappointment you experience every time you get passed over when you thought you were next in line to be promoted;
- the same heartache you feel every time you have to work overtime to pay bills, only to end up letting your family down;
- the same overwhelming frustration you feel when someone perceived you as being "angry" when you were only trying to stand up for yourself and your rights;
- all of this and more while performing the same work duties, under the same supervisor or manager, in the same cubicle or desk, in the same office or branch, taking the same commute to work.
Year after year. Decade after decade. Until you retire. If you get that far.
And what happens after that?
Getting a pension and 401(k) barely enough to support yourself or your family during your so-called golden years?
We don't even want to go there on what your health will be like then.
Let's be clear: deciding to do nothing is still a choice. You're just choosing not to change - which is a choice to go backwards.
It all boils down to the quality of thinking you're bringing to your career and your life.
Racism will always be here. But you can still advance your career in spite of those obstacles. You can rise above them.
Doors to opportunity may seem closed to you right now. But you still make moves in spite of the doors being closed. You can push through them.
It's possible. It can happen. And it can happen for you.
And the best part? You've got help with me. I can show you the way.
That’s why I’m offering you 100% free access to my video training - the 10 Big Mistakes Black Government Workers Make Every DayGet the 100% free access here
In my video on demand training, I will show you the most common career moves that keep Black government professionals from experiencing phenomenal job performance, growth opportunities, and promotional achievement.
I watched coworkers and leaders sabotage their careers by repeatedly committing these mistakes. They are making them now - right in front of your face - and you don't even know it.
Even I was guilty of making some of them in my government career.
There's no telling how many of them you are making. The sad truth is you are completely unaware of the long-term effects of your mistakes.
Since you’re making these errors on a daily basis and you don’t even know it, you need this training like yesterday.
When you become aware of these mistakes – and take the steps to avoid them – you will be light years in front of the pack rather than being in the pack.
You’ll come to this awareness quickly, starting with the 10 Big Mistakes Black Government Workers Make Every Day.
I typically offer this training course for $397, but I am making it available to you for free!
What this training will help you to do:
- Create more leverage and opportunities to succeed and get promoted
- Get more attention, appreciation, and respect from peers and leaders
- Become more effective in your daily actions and interactions in the workplace
- Have more confidence in your career-related decisions well before you make them
- Achieve greater professional influence among your colleagues
I’m not asking you to trust me on this right now. Forget that. I’m inviting and daring you to test me on this.
I’ve taken all the risk out of this. You don’t have anything to lose.
So test me. It’s 100% free access to the 10 Big Mistakes Black Government Workers Make Every Day.
I can’t make it any more fair than that, can I?Get the 100% free access here
What I'm proposing to you...
If you're reading this, and you fit the description of a so-called Black government professional...
- someone who makes excuses or blames others for where you are in your career or life;
- someone who is not motivated to grow or willing to invest in yourself;
- someone with a negative mindset or attitude;
- someone who is not coachable
...I'm not the person for you, and you need to move on from here immediately. I don’t work with so-called government professionals.
However, if you are a Black civil service worker who has the following:
- the desire to end the day-to-day pain that you experience in being stuck in your career;
- the commitment to put in the work to achieve more success, satisfaction, fulfillment, and balance;
- the internal motivation to move up to a higher classification, grade, leadership level, or growth opportunity...
...I'm ready, willing, and excited to work with you.
To put it bluntly, I work with those who don't just talk about it. They're ready to be about it.
Let me repeat this: if you are a time-waster, tire-kicker, or a toe-dipper, do us both a favor and leave NOW. You're not ready for me.
But if you are serious about what you want in life, and are willing to bet on, back, and believe in yourself…
...don't wait another second. Click on the red button, start climbing with me, and let's see how far up the mountain takes you.I'm ready for the videos NOW!
Who am I, and why should you care?
My name is Greg Brinkley. I am the nation's #1 Coach for Black government professionals. I had a successful, 27-year, award-winning career in state and Federal government.
I started my career under the totem pole and worked from the ground up in civil service - literally from the mailroom to the boardroom. I know what it takes to be a government game-changing influence.
Throughout my time in civil service, I've gained the influence, respect and admiration of colleagues, high-ranking senior executives, and agency commissioners in Washington, DC.
My mission is to help African-American civil servants like you reach your personal and professional goals, while also achieving phenomenal success along the way.
So what are you going to do now?
You can stay in your current situation, keep running on the same crowded road as the 95%, and keep getting exactly the same results.
Every. Single. Time. For years on end.
Or...take a more rewarding, successful, life-changing path by clicking on the red button to start your journey in transforming your life and career...
...experiencing what the 5% experience: fulfillment, balance, and - most importantly - the results and success you choose for yourself.
When it comes to the salary you want, the position you crave, and the life you want for yourself and your family...
...my simple question to you is this:
How bad do you want it?
It's time for you to start doing what many Black government professionals are either not willing to do, or not brave enough to do.
It's time for you to step out on faith, step your game up, and make it happen. It's time to stop talking about it and start being about it. The ball is in your court now.
Click the red button so we can start a mutually-beneficial relationship based on immense, life-transforming value.
Before you do, I need to share 3 important things with you:
- Making this move will add you to my ever-growing community of Black government professionals who receive motivation and insights from me on a regular basis.
- I never have, and I never will, sell, exchange, share, or rent your personal information to any person or company. It’s not up for discussion, and there are no exceptions.
- I guarantee you will receive value from me for as long as you’re in my community. If you ever have a change of heart, or if I fail to come through on my promise to give you incredible value from the resources I provide, you can always leave.
Having said that, click the red button so I can take you immediately to the videos.Take me to the 10 Big Mistakes!